Reconditioned Engines warranty terms & conditions
The warranty for all our reconditioned engines is 12 months or 12000 miles, whichever comes first. This warranty will cover faulty workmanship and defective materials that have been supplied by us. The warranty is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The ancillary parts like injectors, turbo, exhaust system, cooling system, DPF filter, etc.., are not covered by this warranty, nor is any damage that has occurred to engine, as a result of a failure of any ancillary parts.
- This Warranty does not cover any third party labour (e.g. removing and installing the engine), towing, recovery, re-delivery or any consequential costs incurred like vehicle hire, overnight accommodation etc. It is customer responsibility to return the engine to us for inspection/examination, or the vehicle if the engine has been fitted by us, at customer’s expense.
- That a 600 mile oil and filter service is carried out. Only use the type and grade of oil recommended by the original engine manufacturer. The tappets, where they are manually adjustable, should be checked and reset as necessary. Throughout the duration of this Warranty the vehicle should be serviced in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations. All ancillary parts should always be maintained in good order.
- Any modifications undertaken without the written consent of Engines Factory Ltd will invalidate this Warranty.
- This Warranty only covers the vehicle when in use on public paved roads and does not apply in competition, race or speed trials. If the vehicle is to be used for towing, then this must only be done within the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- This Warranty will not cover any defect, damage or breakdown resulting from misuse, negligence or collision.
- Remapping and any custom modifications done to improve the engine specifications will void this warranty.
- This Warranty will not cover the repair which is the result of fair wear and tear.
- If a reconditioned engine is replaced under the terms of this Warranty, the replacement engine will be covered for the balance of the original warranty.
- If any material facts are withheld, false or fraudulent reports and/or claims are made, then this Warranty shall become void. In this event, any payments that have been made by Engines Factory Ltd will be repayable forthwith.
- No variation or modification to the terms of this Warranty shall be valid or binding unless it is in writing and signed by an authorized employee of Engines Factory Ltd.
- This Warranty is valid and effective only if all terms and conditions (including the Repairs Procedure) are fully complied with.
- Nothing in the above Warranty affects the customer’s statutory rights.
- Engines Factory Ltd reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this Warranty from time to time without prior notification.